Minimalist style in interior design
Less of details means more of comfort.
The style of minimalism is a design approach that is characterized by austerity and laconism in decoration. It is mainly achieved through the use of functional furniture and interior objects, geometric shapes and a combination of usually not more than two basic colors. It is extremely important in such design to correctly divide the space. Minimalist interiors are usually compact, black or gray, and have a strict geometric shape.
Some people choose Japanese or Scandinavian minimalism because of their own loves and beliefs, while for others it is the only way to efficiently use the available square meters. Here are the main distinguishing features of this style:
- The interior design in the style of modern minimalism implies a lot of space, so it is desirable to get rid of partitions in the room.
- There is a need for massive windows to fill the room with enough light.
- The color scheme is created using the game of halftones. The most common choice: white color combined with graphic gray.
- Materials: chrome steel, glass, plastic, ceramics, artificial and natural stone, textured wood.
- Table, sofa, furniture, and chandeliers in the style of minimalism have a simple geometric shape. Forms are allowed with a slight bend, but not a spiral.
- Artsy decor and ornaments are not a choice. Walls can be decorated with a couple of minimalistic paintings.
- The design is characterized by flat reflective surfaces. Each piece of furniture has strict proportions and color.
- Instead of curtains, horizontal or vertical blinds are used.
- The light is scattered.